Six city schools earned Blue Ribbon honors today from the U.S. Department of Education, a recognition based on state test scores and success at reducing achievement gaps.
The honor comes without additional funding, and the schools are typically asked to share some information about their curriculum, leadership, and how they measure success.
Here are this year’s winners:
- P.S. 150 Tribeca Learning Center
- P.S. 205 Alexander Graham Bell School in Queens
- P.S. 254 Dag Hammarskjold School in Brooklyn
- Purvis J. Behan Public School 11 in Brooklyn
- Queens College School For Math, Science & Technology
- South Bronx Classical Charter School
Last year, six city schools were designated: P.S. 46 in Queens, P.S. 66 in Queens, P.S. 199 in Manhattan, P.S. 221 in Queens, P.S. 222 in Brooklyn, and P.S. 247 in Brooklyn.