- The Star-Ledger Editorial Board: Common Core standards aren’t brainwashing or a federal plot.
- How many of these UFT chapter leaders say they’re still without curriculum materials? A lot. (GS in Brief)
- A critic of UFT President Michael Mulgrew recaps yesterday’s chapter leader meeting. (ICEUFT Blog)
- The city is still releasing plans for co-locations that would take effect post-Bloomberg. (GS in Brief)
- Texas is about to hold hearings about adding creationism to biology textbooks (again). (Slate)
- A top Los Angeles official quit, blaming opposition that has blocked his reform plans. (L.A. Daily News)
- Jose Vilson explains why he doesn’t define himself as “anti-testing”—he just wants better tests.
- A state School Boards Association study shows merging districts lowers costs. (Democrat and Chronicle)
- At the end of the first week of school, here’s a round-up with a few priceless pictures. (Schoolbook)