- Chinese food wasn’t enough to get NYC Educator to campaign for Bill Thompson. (NYC Educator)
- Inside a charter school’s first-year teacher training, by the author of this GS post. (Amy Schultz)
- Gallup poll: The longer teachers stay in the classroom, the less engaged they become. (Ed Week)
- Inside one of the lesson plans of the I.S. 318 chess teacher Paul Tough profiled. (Lizzy Knows All)
- One of those made-for-viral “you know you are an X when” lists — for education reform. (BuzzFeed)
- In a survey, early childhood educators said students don’t have enough time to explore. (Answer Sheet)
- A common standards booster says about 10 percent of schools don’t need them. (Fordham)
NYC education officials plan to expand transfer high schools to serve those students, using a Bronx school as one model.