- Does anyone really defend the educational status quo, or is that a bogeyman? (Teach For Us)
- One co-CEO defends her terms and defines what she means by status quo. (Pass the Chalk)
- Tony Bennett resigned from his Florida position after the Indiana controversy. (IndyStar)
- Arne Duncan says he “desperately” hopes Florida will stay its education course. (Politics K12)
- Why some school districts don’t want to disclose school spending per student. (Hechinger)
- The trouble with using the same test to measure both students and teachers. (Shanker Blog)
- After Bill de Blasio today, Weiner will be David Steiner’s next mayoral interviewee. (GS Twitter)
NYC education officials plan to expand transfer high schools to serve those students, using a Bronx school as one model.