- President Obama vowed to bring high-speed internet to 99 percent of schools by 2018. (Times, WSJ)
- The proposed city budget would slash $20,000 from I.S. 318’s award-winning chess team. (Daily News)
- The Post says it’s glad that Michael Mulgrew is honest about the union’s intentions in the mayoral race.
- Officials opened the $100 million new Harlem Children’s Zone charter school building. (Daily News)
- Many city schools used their training day Thursday to learn about new evaluations. (GothamSchools)
- A student and his mother blew the whistle on expired milk being served at P.S. 165 in Queens. (NBC NY)
- In Albany, high school students held a singing protest against music teachers’ layoffs. (Times Union)