- Mayoral candidates’ education views are informed by their experiences as parents and students. (Times)
- Only a quarter of students at the city’s new tech high schools are girls. (Daily News, GothamSchools)
- We broke down the points of dispute over evaluations and who “won” in the end. (GothamSchools 1, 2)
- Some teachers will be rated in part on their school’s scores on tests in subjects they don’t teach. (Post)
- The Daily News says State Education Commissioner John King mostly got the evaluation plan right.
- Critics of standardized testing say they are feeling sentiments shift in the city and beyond. (SchoolBook)
- Michael Powell: City Catholic school teachers are being hung out to dry as their schools close. (Times)
- Gov. Cuomo gave competitive grants to few school districts and distributed less than planned. (Gannett)