- States that have adopted more complex teacher evaluations haven’t handed out lower scores. (EdWeek)
- The state has put out a draft of its new Global Studies courses’ thematic arrangement. (EngageNY)
- Andy Rotherham: Unions aren’t being smart by recruiting members at weak charter schools. (Eduwonk)
- North Carolina newly appointed pre-K director who lobbied against pre-K has resigned. (HuffPo)
- A UFT delegate reports on this month’s meeting, which he said focused on politics. (ICE UFT)
- Philadelphia schools set to accept students from schools slated to close aren’t any better. (Notebook)
- Today’s PSA: All Department of Education events scheduled for Saturday are canceled. Stay warm!