- College attendance went up for city students of color who received private school vouchers. (EdWeek)
- More city schools will be getting salad bars, courtesy of a new Whole Foods. (GothamSchools, NY1)
- The record-short PEP meeting focused on the costs of test prep and school surveys. (GothamSchools)
- The Daily News says state data on teacher effectiveness show too few teachers receiving poor ratings.
- Philadelphia has raised $100 million to support its top schools. (Philadelphia School Notebook)
- Times readers respond to Frank Bruni’s piece on tensions sparked by “Won’t Back Down” film.