- President Obama attacked Mitt Romney’s stance on student loans at a recent campaign stop. (Times)
- But a new poll says independents are divided between the candidates’ educational stances. (EdWeek)
- A second mayoral candidate promises to reject StudentsFirst support. (GothamSchools) (PolitickerNY)
- The Daily News says this political stance panders to the teachers union to the detriment of ed policies.
- Without SIG funding, the city has vowed to give $18 million to 24 struggling schools. (GothamSchools)
- A CA mother is spearheading efforts to sue a school district over abstinence-only programs. (LATimes)
- Three big school districts are discontinuing a federal teaching incentive pay program. (EdWeek)