- Critics of No Child Left Behind fault the federal policy for the spread of cheating practices. (Salon)
- Hancock: The public release of the city’s teacher data reports has illuminated their flaws. (CJR)
- Stuyvesant students say they’ve clashed repeatedly with faculty over the dress code. (Schoolbook)
- Parents of Gifted and Talented children just learned of their kindergarten placements. (Inside Schools)
- SED: Students should not be told how the field tests relate to other assessments. (NYC PS Parents)
- P.S. 51 students perform a tribute to the tap dance “legend” Bill “Bojangles” Robinson. (Schoolbook)
- Some advocates say public schools should emulate private schools’ practices. (Fordham Institute)
- Like the public schools, we’ll be back to work on Tuesday. Enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend.