- Parents at PS 70 in Astoria are upset about how the city handled a bedbug infestation there. (Daily News)
- Opportunity Charter School has become the city’s 13th unionized charter school. (GothamSchools)
- The head of a Brooklyn electrical-contracting firm helped design a new vocational school. (Post)
- The Times says New York should appeal the ruling limiting the role of test scores in teacher evaluations.
- In England, new charter-style schools started by parents and nonprofits open this week. (BBC)
- The ex-head of Los Angeles’s union is planning a charter school with fewer labor rights. (L.A. Times)
- Education Secretary Arne Duncan says he is newly optimistic about Detroit’s schools. (Free Press)