- More than 660 kindergartners with special needs still haven’t received school placements. (Daily News)
- More on the rejection of Wireless Generation’s contract to build a state data system. (Times, WNYC, WSJ)
- The cancellation of the contract leaves the state’s plans for a new data system in limbo. (GothamSchools)
- Most of the school workers set to be laid off earn very little, their union points out. (GothamSchools)
- The workers, most from DC-37, won’t know until the first day of school who is getting laid off. (Daily News)
- The Daily News calls for the ruling limiting the role of test scores in teacher evaluations to be overturned.
- Some districts might move spring break to accommodate the state’s test schedule change. (WSYR-TV)
- In Chicago, new schools chief Jean-Claude Brizard is starting the year with angry teachers. (Tribune)