A panel discussion, “Beyond Satisfactory: How Should Teachers Be Evaluated?” will tackle several issues critical to implementing a strong evaluation system in an effort to influence policymakers and UFT representatives who are working to solidify evaluation measures for New York City teachers. Educators 4 Excellence (E4E), a nonprofit organization of more than 2,500 reform-minded teachers, is hosting.
On the panel:
- Shael Polakow-Suransky – Senior Deputy Chancellor, NYC Department of Education
- Leo Casey – Vice-President of Academic High Schools, The United Federation of Teachers
- Kate Sobel – Talent Management Coach, The New Teacher Project
- Angela O’Dowd – Principal, PS 62 The Chester Park School in Queens, NY
- Grace Snodgrass – Teacher and E4E Evaluation Policy Team Member