- Charter school backers topped the rolls of state election campaign donations. (Post)
- On her first day as chancellor, Cathie Black visited good schools. (GS, Times, Post, Daily News, NY1)
- We live-blogged Black’s five-borough school tour. (GothamSchools)
- The Daily News says Randi Weingarten is right about the value of videotaping classroom instruction.
- Aaron Pallas outlines the teacher data reports’ many blind spots. (Daily News)
- Police charged a shop teacher at Aviation HS with fondling a female student. (Post)
- Detroit will use stimulus funds to give new computers to 40,000 students. (Detroit Free Press)
- Lawmakers in Illinois opened talks about dramatically changing tenure rules. (WSJ, AP)