- Researchers found that students with good kindergarten teachers do better later in life. (Times)
- The Daily News says the new, lower-sounding test scores coming out today will be a shock to parents.
- A new website aims to help New Yorkers prepare to take the high school equivalency exam. (NY1)
Race to the Top:
- N.Y. is among 19 Race to the Top finalists. (GothamSchools, Times, Daily News, Post, NY1, WNYC, WSJ)
- State officials say they won’t be able to execute promised reforms without the money. (GothamSchools)
- Where states are increasingly united, Congress is divided on education policies. (Washington Post)
- A Democrats for Education Reform staffer says N.Y. should up charter school funding to win RttT. (Post)
- Excerpts from Education Secretary Arne Duncan’s RttT speech emphasize the urgency of reform. (Post)
- The Post says it’s all on Regents Chancellor Merryl Tisch to make sure the state brings home money.