- Teachers at Nicole Suriel’s school want more consequences for their principal. (Times, WSJ, Post)
- The principal’s tenure became effective days after Suriel drowned on a field trip. (Daily News)
- The Daily News says administrators at Suriel’s school should have been fired, not just censured.
- The city is reviewing field trip rules, with an eye toward raising the number of adults required. (NY1, CBS)
- A judge ruled that a lawsuit about class size can continue, over the city’s objections. (Times)
- Juan Gonzalez praises the deal that gives extra help to schools the city had tried to close. (Daily News)
- George Tarr survived life in war-torn Liberia before becoming McKee HS’s valedictorian. (S.I. Advance)
- N.J. Gov. Chris Christie wants to cap school administrators’ salaries at $175,000. (AP)