- The city’s proposal to save on school lunches will reduce the number of options. (Wall Street Journal)
- Seniors at Stuyvesant High School have publicly listed the classmates they’d like “to tap.” (Post)
- Budget cuts are closing public day care programs without alternatives for the children. (Daily News)
- The Post says it’s wrong to say the city schools are doing better on the basis of test scores.
- The Harbor School students’ dive with Fabian Cousteau began a long oyster-planting season. (NY1)
- The U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear a case about No Child Left Behind’s unfunded mandates. (AP)
- Speaking to Kalamazoo high school graduates, President Obama pushed a no-excuses agenda. (Times)