- After a rough year, things are looking up for one of Miss Eyre’s students.
- A group of Bloomberg allies asked lawmakers to lift the charter cap and change tenure law.
- Colorado’s tenure-busting legislation moved forward very late last night.
- Diane Ravitch and James Merriman squared off on charter schools on Inside City Hall last night…
- …While UFT President Michael Mulgrew will appear on that program tonight. (No link)
- Civil rights groups are asking NYC teachers and school staff members to answer a survey about bullying.
- The Dallas teacher who campaigned to bring back “paddling” just got fired.
- Miss Brave profiles the 25 percent of her students who cause 90 percent of the problems.
- Michelle Rhee is doubling her senior staff in an effort to raise school standards.
- An argument that the education sector should take a lesson from the military.
- A South Bronx teacher gives some tips for boosting first-period attendance.
A Duke professor who let her students grade themselves gives the experiment an A+.
- And happy Mother’s Day! A 12-year-old with Asperger’s interviewed his mom on StoryCorp today.
Remainders: Rhee doubling senior staff to raise school standards
By Maura Walz