- Chancellor Klein outlined a slate of “horrid” budget cuts before the City Council yesterday. (Post, WNYC)
- Among the cuts: High school principals can choose to fire parent coordinators. (GothamSchools, NY1)
- Legislators didn’t meet yesterday to hash out a possible charter cap compromise. (GothamSchools)
- But in late-night talks, anti-charter sentiment dominated and some are saying a deal is unlikely. (Post)
- The Post calls on Regents head Merryl Tisch to throw her support behind SUNY as charter authorizer.
- At the same time charter supporters want the cap lifted, there are questions about oversight. (Times)
- Detroit is grappling with whether kids should be paid for their school successes. (Detroit Free Press)