- The state education dept. pushed back the release date of test scores by a month, to July.
- More than 50 parents of wait-listed kindergartners were mistakenly told they were into P.S. 87.
- A group of charter and district school parents waited in vain in the rain to talk to Duncan.
- A charter school student told Duncan today he gets a lot of homework, but that’s “awesome.”
- UFT President Michael Mulgrew said it’s “no one’s fault” if the state loses Race to the Top.
- Peter Murphy argues Speaker Sheldon Silver now has political cover to support a charter cap lift.
- A new report by the Casey Foundation serves as a reminder that students’ poverty does matter.
- A high school slated to move into space at a closing school faces an uncertain future.
- The DOE posted openings for executive principals, the high-paid positions in troubled schools.
- The teachers unions are protesting five State Senators tomorrow for voting for school aid cuts.
- A group of testing companies formed a coalition to help states develop standard assessments.
- And here is a horrifying way to teach geometry.
Remainders: Kindergarten admissions letters sent by mistake
By Maura Walz