- A commentator argues that non-politically-correct teachers can serve their students well.
- A second-year TFA’er teaching in the South Bronx defends his program against its critics.
- Brian Ellner, a top DOE aide, is set to leave for the helm of Empire State Pride Agenda.
- Would the TFA training model work better for two years than six weeks? Kevin Carey wonders.
- A former Times ed reporter resists the urge to offer advice on C-H-A-R-T-E-R schools to a 311 caller.
- Philissa and other reporters have some ideas to promote reasonable conversations about ed reform.
- Jay Mathews: education journalism will thrive because “our story is getting better.”
- Assemblyman Sam Hoyt does not believe the charter cap lift bill will pass the Assembly as-is.
- Pissed Off Teacher’s ninth period class is a challenging bunch.
- The Department of Education held an “Inclusion Celebration” today for kids with disabilities.
- And a new trend? More than 200 “green charter schools” have opened nation-wide.
Remainders: On the virtues of teachers who aren't PC
By Maura Walz