- The state budget director said school aid payments due in June may have to be spread out over time.
- Florida lawmakers passed a bill that eliminates tenure for new teachers and uses a merit pay plan instead.
- Concerns over pay-for-grades and merit pay show business models don’t work for schools, Mr. Talk says.
- James Merriman praises NYSUT for speaking out against proposed cuts to SUNY’s charter authorizer.
- Where do teachers go if they need to do work alone or make personal phone calls? Here’s a photo.
- Actress Megan Fox’s viral video protesting California school budget cuts is pretty funny.
- But Robert Ponsiscio calls Fox’s bluff, pointing out that Fox recently said she hated school.
- And Leonie Haimson is hosting a parent conference tomorrow; the agenda is here.
Remainders: FL lawmakers send merit pay bill for gov.'s signature
By Maura Walz