- A state budget deal could be a “few weeks away,” Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver said today.
- Joanne Jacobs looks at why school districts have trouble tracking their spending.
- A survey of 453 school district leaders finds bigger class sizes and less money for electives and books.
- GOOD’s blog makes a case for why healthy school lunches matter even to people who don’t have kids.
- Ms. Mimi tallies all everything from her classroom that she drags along on her vacation.
- Bloomberg is mailing cards to top political donors asking them to support his education reforms.
- One teacher challenges a re-elected Mulgrew to be more responsive to the union’s member.
- How should we define “a quality charter law”? NYCSA’s Peter Murphy takes on the union definition.
- More advice for New York State on how to win Race to the Top, this time from the city’s charter center.
- Do you teach special lessons for Earth Day? (Or maybe for Facial Protection Month?) Here are some tips.
Remainders: State budget deal could be weeks away
By Maura Walz