- Was the rubber room closing deal a “pure win” for the union? One teacher thinks not.
- Two top high schools admitted too few students, but they’re not accepting second-round applications.
- South Philadelphia HS is learning from New York’s Lafayette HS on how to combat race-based violence.
- A teacher speculates that the hiring freeze might make this year easier for teachers to transfer schools.
- Nationally, more children are home-schooled than attend charter schools, a new study reports.
- Seventh-graders are already starting specialized high school exam test prep for next year.
- The Albany Times-Union profiles charter school advocate Peter Murphy.
- Kim Gittleson is experimenting with ways to make Learning Environment Survey data accessible.
- And a 12-year-old girl in India is teaching her neighbors what she learns in school.
Remainders: Glitch meant no students matched to a top school
By Maura Walz