- Chancellor Klein discussed the end of the rubber rooms on Good Day NY.
- And the makers of a documentary about the rubber rooms were on Morning Joe.
- D.C.’s CFO and Michelle Rhee are sparring over whether the school system’s surplus exists.
- Randi Weingarten said she’s “really disgusted” by the D.C. situation, and the union is going back to court.
- Letters were sent out to families eligible for gifted and talented programs today.
- Glenn Beck has a suggestion for how to direct education budget cuts: close USDOE.
- Schools whose teachers rated their principals badly tended to also have low report card grades.
- A union member praises his Florida peers and calls on the UFT to be “more radical [and] focused.”
- A teacher posts a list of her favorite books to read aloud to students.
Remainders: Fight over surprise D.C. schools surplus deepens
By Maura Walz