- Private and parochial schools want the same reimbursement from the MTA’s payroll tax public schools get.
- After several requests, the state will allow a Harvard test expert to study whether score inflation is real.
- First Lady Michelle Obama will speak at the commencement ceremony for a D.C.-area turnaround school.
- The group developing common standards wants teachers to weigh in on their draft.
- Jay Mathews says RttT is “like throwing money out of the fifth floor Post newsroom window.”
- Kim Gittleson’s new analysis finds charter schools in city buildings spend less than their district neighbors.
- A teacher has to dig and dig to get access to his new teacher data report.
- Today was the first “Trayless Tuesday,” the DOE’s attempt to make lunchrooms environmentally friendly.
- And a teacher chronicles each day of school, in comic form. (Via Miss Eyre)
Remainders: State test scores to be investigated for inflation
By Maura Walz