- One of those Central Falls, RI, teachers hung an effigy of Obama in school — and is sorry.
- Working with a university on standards, rather than using Common Core, won’t satisfy the RTTT judges.
- Hawaii’s RTTT app includes an admission that teachers get evaluated once every five years.
- The KIPP charter network and the AFT have settled their dispute over working hours at a Baltimore school.
- Everybody’s mother and daughter and son and some dads, too, were at the bake-sale ban rally today.
- Inside the UFT election: Chaz explains why he’s voting down the ICE ticket with one exception.
- That exception teacher makes his case, invoking his opposition to Randi Weingarten as a plus.
- Michelle Rhee’s hunt for master educators to evaluate D.C. teachers has launched. Apply here.
- Students against the MTA are “the most promising transit advocacy campaign going,” says Streetsblog.
- Community contributor Dana Lawit says her best teacher-evaluators are her students.
Remainders: In the UFT election, still campaigning against Randi
By Maura Walz