- Education Secretary Arne Duncan explained his proposed NCLB revisions on Morning Joe.
- The two national teachers unions both say that the proposals “scapegoat” teachers…
- …While Chancellor Joel Klein called Obama’s plan “strong medicine” on NBC.
Politics K-12 observes that, compared to 2007, most people seem pretty happy with Obama’s blueprint.
- The Times’ Room for Debate blog hones in on the causes behind the charter school backlash.
- Some Chicago charter schools are warning that budget cuts might force them to close.
- Education Sector examines how the DOE helps teachers use ARIS data in the classroom.
- Mass Insight’s Justin Cohen thinks we should all be paying more attention to Detroit’s schools.
- InsideSchools invites parents and teachers to share their thoughts on classroom discipline.
- A panel of researchers proposed an “America’s Teacher Corps” to attract great teachers to needy schools.
- And satirist Bill Maher has a modest proposal for fixing schools: don’t fire teachers, fire parents.
Remainders: Obama's ed plan is "strong medicine," Klein says
By Maura Walz