- Some city schoolchildren are less than thrilled by the prospect of a snow day….
- While New York’s bloggerati think the city ruined the snow day by calling it in advance.
- Does the city plant school scandal stories to deflect attention from bad news? Mulgrew thinks yes.
- A UFT blogger finds a link between low grad rates and the number of self-contained special ed classes.
- Diane Ravitch argues that when policy makers rely too heavily on data, the data start to change.
- Jay Mathews wants to know ways to encourage students to read non-fiction.
- The move to small schools in a Colorado district led to a 5 percent increase in costs, a new book reports.
- Transit cuts in Chicago are raising concerns about students’ safety as they wait for buses after school.
- A blogger in Northern VA compares snow removal efforts to discrepancies in funding between districts.
Remainders: Even kid New Yorkers cynical about the snow day
By Maura Walz