- Could a new teachers’ contract be a win-win for Bloomberg and the UFT? Ed in the Apple speculates.
- Miss Brave struggles with the suspicion that a students’ IEP misclassifies him.
- Kim Gittleson looks at how much charter schools pay to for-profit management companies.
- Norm Scott argues the principal change at Robeson sheds light on DOE strategy for closing schools.
- Leonie Haimson explains some objections to the proposed new rules on School Leadership Teams.
- The chapter leader of a unionized charter school criticizes the tone of Tuesday’s advocacy day.
- Just seven black students and 17 Hispanic students were admitted to Stuyvesant’s incoming class.
- Marc Dean Millot argues that the USDOE may have political conflicts of interests involving RttT.
- Want to review federal educational innovation grant applications? The USDOE is looking for judges.
Remainders: Diversity concerns linger at selective high schools
By Maura Walz