- The typical Race to the Top judge is “a former female teacher from the Northeast who has a PhD.”
- Norm Scott has footage of the time the DOE turned off the microphone when the NAACP was talking.
- The DOE released its guide to the new high schools that will be on view at this weekend’s fairs.
- Joel Klein is a co-chair of the Education Equality Project. Al Sharpton is not.
- Obama’s budget could require states that receive Title I funding to link teachers and student test scores.
- Quick & the Ed looks at what might happen if tenure decisions were made entirely off value-added scores.
- Chad Aldeman also disputes Ravitch’s argument that the city’s small schools serve fewer at-risk students.
- A charter school can’t move into a Gowanus industrial warehouse, voted a Brooklyn community board.
- And Bronx Mom wonders how schools can keep students engaged, even in times of budget cuts.