- “New York City schools is closed!” read the sign on one school building door today.
- Apparently the snow day was caused by a number of people sleeping in inside-out pajamas.
- How do teachers spend their snow days? BronxTeach gives an inside look.
- Kirsten Gillibrand is sponsoring a Senate bill to promote engineering education.
- Arthur Goldstein parses the city’s proposals for the teachers union contract.
- C.W. Arp: “Good teachers do feel their frustration as if it is the first, the only.”
- An editor at EdWeek is leaving to head a union-management reform project at the AFT….
- While Education Sector is looking for a new writer/editor.
- A policy analyst for FairTest calls attention to value-added models for teacher evaluation “hype.”
- The pre-kindergarten admissions process for soon-to-be public school students begins on Monday.
- Chaz posts a DN cartoon showing Klein using test scores as boxing gloves against “the Mighty Mulgrew.”
- CityPragmatist is launching a new series examining the pros and cons of charter schools.
- And a TFA’er teaching in the South Bronx will be filing weekly dispatches over at GOOD magazine.
Remainders: Gillibrand wants to train more female engineers
By Maura Walz