- The state teachers union has a new ad campaign opposing proposed cuts to education.
- One of the DOE rules up for vote tomorrow allows Doritos at bake sales, but not homemade cookies.
- A second-year teacher shares his own version of “This I Believe.”
- Pissed Off Teacher shares the kind of email from a parent that keeps her coming to work each day.
- Ed Money Watch looks at what the Senate jobs bill means for education. Probably not much, they say.
- The SUNY committee on charter schools voted to shutter Albany’s New Covenant Charter School.
- Obama’s plan to link common standards to Title I is garnering opposition in some quarters…
- …While Politics K-12’s Alyson Klein wonders what Congress will have to say.
- Norm Scott gives a heads-up on some pro- and anti-charter rallying set for tomorrow’s PEP meeting.
- Corey Bunje Bower finds a hidden lesson in Bob Herbert’s column on Harlem Village Academy.
- And, breaking news from The Onion: a politician is praised for giving education “valuable lip service.”
Remainders: Doritos, Pop-Tarts could get bake sale okay
By Maura Walz