- Obama’s exclusion of TFA from the federal budget could signal TFA’s end as a policy darling.
- But federal Head Start programs would get a boost under the proposed budget.
- The next tribulation for P.S. 234 hopefuls? A lottery for kids who don’t have siblings at the school now.
- Peter Murphy takes a Buffalo state senator to task for waffling on charter schools.
- Mimi lays out how teachers spend their last moments in a classroom before mid-winter break.
- Do school libraries need actual books, or will computers do? Commentators weigh in at the Times.
- Virginia is for lovers of virtual charter schools, predicts Jay Mathews.
- The vote for new teacher quality standards in Houston was high noon at the OK Corral, Eduflak writes.
- Eighth graders have a few extra days to apply to new high schools.
- And Happy Valentime’s Day! (If you’re an ELL in Ms. Rubin’s class, that’s what you call it.)
Remainders: A new lottery for Tribeca kindergarten hopefuls
By Maura Walz