- Cathie Black got the waiver she needs to be chancellor. (GS, Times, Post, WSJ, DN, NY1, WNYC)
- Despite the deal, Mayor Bloomberg said there won’t be any power-sharing at the DOE. (WSJ)
- The Times says Bloomberg must assure New Yorkers that the chief academic officer has real power.
- Teachers are trying again to convert struggling Columbus HS to a charter school. (GothamSchools)
- A 9-year-old girl says bullies forced her to drink toilet water at PS 22 in Brooklyn. (Post)
- The national high school graduation rate is rising, to 75 percent in 2008. (Times)