- More than 100 city schools are competing to see who can reduce their energy consumption the most.
- Merryl Tisch held a “summit” with lawmakers today in Brooklyn to gather support for raising the charter cap.
- Some school districts, especially in Michigan, are hesitant to sign onto their states’ RttT plans.
- Grace Church School, a private K-8 school in Greenwich Village, is expanding to high school.
- Should teachers lower grades because of bad behavior in class? A parent wonders at InsideSchools.
- Norm Scott spreads the word of the Jan. 21 anti-school closure protest outside of Bloomberg’s residence.
- Liz Willen on the news that another kindergartner was left alone on a school bus: “This is not okay”…
- …While a class of kindergartners may have been left alone on a Brooklyn playground for half an hour.
- A Harvard professor told the NEA that technological advances will mean schools will need fewer teachers.
- New Orleans could be a model for school systems seeking to draw teachers from all over the country.
- Diane Ravitch says the deregulation of public education will create a new “Wild West of entrepreneurship.”
- And here are some “hot spots to watch” in early education issues this year.
Remainders: Tisch hosts RttT summit for lawmakers in Brooklyn
By Maura Walz