- Joe (not Joel) Klein blasts the UFT and calls unions a “reactionary force in education reform.”
- Miss Brave feels more overwhelmed as the year goes on, maybe because of constant curriculum changes.
- As he called for smaller raises, Bloomberg praised Mulgrew and said they have a “good relationship.”
- Why can the mayor pay top dollar to hire his campaign staff but cut teacher wages? Mr. Talk wonders.
- Obama is touting a $4 billion ed spending increase, but Rob Manwaring thinks the math is fuzzy.
- Controversy is brewing over the WashPo’s decision to revise a blog post on Michelle Rhee.
- Is a bipartisan effort to renew ESEA a pipe dream? Could be, Republicans tell Politics K-12.
- A German family harassed for homeschooling were granted political asylum here. (via Joanne Jacobs)
- John Liu repeated his promise to audit the DOE’s “musical chairs” school closings.
- And here’s the chancellor defending school closings on “Good Day New York”:
Remainders: UFT is praised and pilloried by mayor and two Kleins
By Maura Walz