- Advocates for Children asked the DOE to consider the impact of closing schools on homeless students.
- Want to know who the RttT judges are? It’s a secret. USDOE says it’s to keep pressure off the judges.
- Here’s where to watch State Senate President Malcolm Smith’s town hall on school closures.
- Texting “l8r” requires more literacy and spelling skills than “u” might think, according to a new study.
- InsideSchools is surveying student and parent attitudes toward school safety officers.
- In spite of head lice scares and troubled students, Miss Brave is still living in the “sparkle days.”
- The new Philly teachers contract includes a school-based but not individual performance pay plan.
- Stephen Sawchuk dissects the Houston school district/AFT flap.
- Bureau of Indian Education schools would automatically get a slice of RttT, if a new bill is passed.
- Pissed Off speculates that the teacher responsible for her typing skills would be in a rubber room today.
Remainders: USDOE keeping names of RttT judges under wraps
By Maura Walz