- The state AFL-CIO is lobbying for teachers unions against the governor’s proposed school law. (Post)
- The Post says lawmakers are trying to sabotage the state’s Race to the Top application.
- The Daily News: The charter school compromise being floated would give the Regents too much control.
- The city’s new emergency notification system will now include school information. (NY1)
- A mom says her son’s school bus driver didn’t respond when the boy had a seizure. (Daily News)
- Chancellor Klein will let schools stash away rainy-day funds after all. (GothamSchools, Daily News)
- An upstate school district cancelled classes after a student was killed. (AP)
- Los Angeles schools somehow forgot to budget for $200 million in salaries. (L.A. Times)
- In Chicago, volunteers tackle illiteracy where the schools continue to fall short. (Times)