- Randi Weingarten also called for new “due process” rules for teacher firing. (Times, Washington Post)
- Thomas Carroll says teachers unions are trying to slip “poison pills” into the Race to the Top bill. (Post)
- A sure-to-be-contentious meeting tonight will decide who gets zoned to Tribeca’s PS 234. (Daily News)
- A group protesting against school closures plans to picket outside Mayor Bloomberg’s house. (Post)
- The Village Voice looks at the effects of high-stakes testing on city schools.
- The Albany Times-Union: The state’s Race to the Top plan is hasty and born of procrastination.
- Diane Ravitch: City charter schools should be made to serve the neediest students. (Daily News)
- The newest fad in city schools: A dance style that makes students look like they’re seizing. (Daily News)
- Gov. Paterson’s son’s arrest happened during a lunch-hour Beacon HS gambling game. (Post)