- The 26 states that require high school exit exams have mostly lowered standards over time. (Times)
- Randi Weingarten will back linking test scores and teacher evaluations. (USA Today, Washington Post)
- Bob Herbert says following through on the proposal would boost the union’s credibility. (Times)
- Only two days are left for legislative work before the Race to the Top deadline. (Albany Times-Union)
- The Post praises Albany for possibly being about to approve Gov. Paterson’s education proposals.
- The Boston Globe offers Massachusetts advice for how to get past its school reform impasses.
- The L.A. Times says school districts should be wary of taking private money, even for important projects.