- Outer borough students are hit hard by the rising cost of rides on city’s express bus service
- A guide to community colleges written by two Bronx college profs lands Jay Matthew’s approval.
- States will be able to use a small amount of stimulus money to administer programs.
- Norm Scott thinks we’ll see a half a generation of mayoral control before it’s voted down.
- N. Virginia students have rising test scores but more of their schools aren’t meeting academic targets.
- A UCLA prof. says talk of “miracles” in city schools is dumbing down eduction (via Frustrated Teacher)
- England formerly stable drop-out rate is now on the rise.
- Eduwonk’s guest blogger ends her run on a personal note.
- And rookie reporter Damon Weaver asks President Obama about his education policies.