- The Sharpton-Gingrich-Duncan national tour will kick off in Philly. (AP, Phila. Inquirer)
- Klein told parents to expect more involvement this school year. (Good Day New York)
- A higher-ed textbook publisher is offering students the option to rent e-books. (Times)
- Mayor Bloomberg’s community college push targets immigrants and low-wage workers. (Times)
- The eventual college would have 5,000 students and would target specific jobs. (Post, NY1)
- Bloomberg said he’d dip into his own fortune to help finance the project. (GothamSchools)
- The Times editorial board endorses close supervision, not jail, for young delinquents.
- The WSJ says India’s new Right to Education Act offers watered-down school choice.