- Sherman Dorn makes reading the latest research on value-added more fun.
- Maybe at schools with many good teachers, teacher performance rises even after 3 years.
- New York gets attention that should really go to (my hometown in) Maryland, says Petrilli.
- In Hillsborough Florida, the teachers union is working with voucher advocates. Really.
- Peter Murphy wishes that Merryl Tisch would go along with Obama’s education agenda.
- Should teaching artists be state-certified? Regents and foundation leaders are wondering.
- Sen. Duane’s study forecasts “a looming crisis” in overcrowding in Hells Kitchen schools.
- Mark Weprin, who battles testing, is getting tagged for ties to lobbyists in a City Council race.