- The UFT comes out in favor of Dick Ravitch’s lieutenant governor appointment.
- Paterson really did sign renewed mayoral control into law, for real!
- How to describe teacher retention that makes life better but doesn’t keep bad teachers in?
- Calif. AG Jerry Brown must decide if the state deserves Race to the Top funds. Cuomo, you’re up.
- The California union may be urging NEA, its parent union, to challenge Obama more directly.
- Richard Rothstein urges Obama to replace No Child Left Behind.
- And Education Equality Project has its own accountability paper out.
- Imagining a central, but not center, role for teachers in the classroom of the future.
- Looks like NYC nixed Tony Danza’s reality TV-in-a-school idea. Now he’s begging in Philly.