A reader wrote in this simple message:
I have heard of the success of charter schools, and would like to learn more. I have a 11yr old son and a 5yr old granddaughter. Please tell me all you can.
Any brave souls want to step up to the plate? If you write an especially good response, we’ll forward it along to the questioner. E-mail us or leave a comment.
Next Up In Charter schools
- from Chalkbeat Newark This Newark high school counselor was discouraged from applying to college. She’s determined to help her students ‘achieve their dreams’
- from Chalkbeat Newark Newark’s school application season starts Nov. 13. Here’s a guide for families.
- This NYC middle school wanted to know how its alums are faring. So a group of grads became oral historians.
- from Chalkbeat Tennessee Charter school appeals to go before new Tennessee commission for the first time
- from Chalkbeat Tennessee Shelby County Schools cabinet member leaving to head Memphis charter network
- from Chalkbeat Tennessee Seven schools, including three in Memphis, exit Tennessee’s toughest school improvement list
Sign up for the newsletter Chalkbeat New York
Sign up for our newsletter.
Help Chalkbeat raise $80k by Dec 31
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom filling a vital community need. We could not do this without you, and we need your support to keep going in 2022.
Connect with your community
Find upcoming New York events
- Dec 7 – Z Combinator Schooling Workshop for Academic Leaders: Practicing with Teachers
- Dec 7 – Guardianship & Alternatives / La Tutela y Alternativas
- Dec 7 – Show Me the Numbers: Analyzing Data for Postsecondary Success
- Dec 7 – Turning 5: Understanding the Kindergarten IEP
- Dec 7 – College Facts, Myths & More: Understanding the College Admissions Process