- MS 54 in Harlem plans an emergency (and early!) rally against budget cuts for tomorrow.
- Smith appears to be out, the GOP appears to be in, and what this means for mayoral control is unclear.
- Eduwonk reports that there will be a public forum on national standards in D.C. on June 17th.
- Edwize takes another look at this year’s math scores.
- Duncan comes out in favor of using test scores to evaluate teachers.
- Duncan also warns charter-wary states that they will suffer the consequences in stimulus dollars.
- A Connecticut town is tossing out its textbooks and writing its own math curriculum.
- A study finds that girls do better than boys in school and yet fear failure more.
- And one teacher wonders if we’re setting the bar too low by throwing elaborate 8th grade proms.