- “This has been one long damned year,” says Bronx teacher JD2718, whose summer plans involve work.
- NYC Educator reports that his summer is unexpectedly plan-free for the first time in 20 years of teaching.
- Ms. M says she’s glad the start of school was changed because she won’t return from Syria until Aug. 30.
- If you want to listen to Alice Kooper’s classic end-of-the-year rock anthem, head over to Edwize.
- It’s teacher appreciation day for Pissed Off Teacher.
- Kids say the very cutest things to Miss Brave, on the occasion of her becoming their teacher for next year.
- The city is holding a “family reunion” for students past and present, tomorrow in Riverbank State Park.
- The Department of Education produced a video about the last day of school at PS 57 in East Harlem.
- Insideschools wants you to grade your child’s school year.
- Bronx Lab principal Marc Sternberg was picked as a White House Fellow, so he’ll be in D.C. next year.
- Ruben Brosbe, GothamSchools’ resident excessed teacher, compares job interviews to first dates.
- Principals are leaving two high-profile Upper West Side schools.
- Budgets aren’t likely to to get any better in 2011, so Warren Buffet is urging Federal Stimulus 2.0.
- Preschool teachers are paid poorly and turn over quickly. Early Stories sees a connection.
- The Quick and the Ed looks at three school turnaround attempts but says it’s too early to tell which works.