ON TEST SCORES:
- Math scores are up; experts are urging caution before celebrating. (Times, Daily News, GothamSchools)
- Mayor Bloomberg called the scores “an enormous victory.” (Post)
- Union leader Randi Weingarten praised mayoral control at the test score briefing. (Daily News, WNYC)
- The Post praises Weingarten’s “epiphany” about mayoral control.
- The Daily News says the math scores support continued mayoral control: “Let’s not mess with success.”
- Folks at Brooklyn’s PS 335 attribute gains there to planning meetings and learning walks. (Daily News)
- IS 187 in Dyker Heights has really high test scores. (Post)
- At Carl Icahn Charter School in the Bronx, students say their high scores come from hard work. (Post)
- Does it matter that there are almost no teachers at the top in the city DOE? City Limits tries to answer.
- Tennis is the new it game in some city public schools. (WABC)
- After parents boycotted PS 209 in the Bronx because of flu fears, the city closed the school. (Daily News)
- Arne Duncan’s plan to turn around thousands of failing schools will be really hard to execute. (Times)
- In Korea, some are trying to achieve equity by putting test prep cram classes online. (Times)
- Learn NY, the pro-mayoral control group, just finished a five-borough rally tour. (NY1)
- Schools in Brooklyn’s District 20 are the most crowded in the entire city. (Daily News)