- Writing in a local Bronx paper, a teacher warns that “mayoral control is out of control.”
- The UFT’s new TV ad: “We have teachers in our name but children and their families in mind.”
- Challenging the Times’ contention that “many” ATR teachers have been rated unsatisfactory.
- Journalism school students report differing parents’ perspectives on mayoral control.
- Arne Duncan wants the country’s worst schools closed and reopened within five ears.
- Duncan also stopped by Ohio recently to declare his hope the state will lead in reform.
- A new resource to help you find different states’ documents on English language learners.
- In California, teachers are protesting their own union because it wants to cut pension costs.
- Pondiscio highlights a study finding that good-looking people get better grades.